From Darlene O’Leary “Join community, academic, and faith-based organizations in sharing ideas and experiences of how policy, social innovation, and community action can work together to end poverty.”
Saint Paul University, 223 Main Street | Ottawa, ON
8:30am – 4:00pm | Thursday, October 20, 2016
Speakers will include:
- Senator Art Eggleton
- David Macdonald, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Sue Wilson, London Poverty Research Centre
- Angella MacEwen, Canadian Labour Congress
- Jocelyn Wattam, First Nations Child and Family Caring Society
- Simon Tremblay-Pepin, Saint Paul University
- Joe Gunn, Citizens for Public Justice
- and more!
Panel discussions and workshops will cover a range of policy, research, and community-based approaches: Basic Income · Indigenous Child Poverty · Human Rights · Community Food Access · Lived Experience of Poverty · Green Economy · Advocacy · Engaging Faith Communities
For more info, contact Darlene O’Leary.